Selfmade? Well. Whatever in the market is filmsy, or stupidly expensive, or dedicated to a specific model of iPhone, ecc. So, i made mine, out of a cheap phone hardcase and a 1/4″ tripod to flash adapter.
- A cheap hardcase for your phone model. It must be plastic, no fancy gummy material. I had one with faux leather cover, that was just a bit more difficult to hack.
- An 1/4″ adapter. Male or female, or a flash rail socket. Mine was an adapter to put a flash over a small tripod ballhead, and needed hacking.
- Double component glue, sugru, or similar flexible, strong glue compound.
- Eventually, a cutter.
front and rear of the hardcase
Glue to the rock solid surface! In my case I had to remove the leatherette.
- You would need to choose point of anchorage, depending how you want to screw your phone, where, what you will do with it. For an universal fit I’d say three is the minimum of bolts you have to glue on.
- you add bulky to the phone, if you want to keep it in the shell, you will add bulk to your bag, if not.
- Damm cheap
- perfectly fit at least one of your applications
- it is SOLID
- made to measure for your phone.
links: An idea, you can use one of these:
you can use one or two female screws, or even the male one (cut it shorter)