this is just a memorandum for myself looking for a tool capable of acceptable quality 360 vr shots in very specialized situations.
xiaomi held firm, sells 130-190 € online
As we speak there is no vr360 option or software for it but it is said to be able to capture a 180 image.
DJI osmo Pocket
was the first coming out. Needs a module to connect wifi to the phone, or takes a direct usb connection. No direct tripod mounts.
It’s capable to take 3×3 wide images with its 80 degree camera. As we speak there is a new firmware coming said to be able to take more than the 3×3 wide picture, but not sure.
seems a clever copy of the dji
seems cheap but with compromises.
● 3-axis mechanical stabilization;
● Built-in 1.22″ live view LED color touch screen (850 Nits brightness);
● 1 / 2.3″ CMOS image sensor (12 M effective pixels);
● Ultra wide angle lens (81°);
● 90 degree rotatable lens (landscape / portrait);
● 4K @ 60fps video recording – up to 100 MB (H265);
● 1080P @ 240fps for cool slow motion videos;
● Built-in dual microphones (noise reduction or stereo audio)
● Wireless connectivity (WiFi 5G + Bluetooth 4.1);
● USB 3.1 Gen1 Type C cable connection;
● Multiple creative modes (Panorama, Time Lapse, Motion Lapse and Hyper Lapse);
● Smart Tracking;
● Up to 160 minutes working time ( 1080 @ 30fps );
● ND filter compatible;
● Vmate adapter with GoPro and tripod holders;
● Compact size (37.6 x 32.3 x 122 mm);
● Ultra-light (118 grams).https://it.gearbest.com/blog/tech-news/snoppa-vmate-shoots-in-4k-and-is-another-competitor-for-dji-osmo-pocket-9539